Re: Exporting and Importing table statistics

From: <Chaim.Katz_at_Completions.Bombardier.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:55:17 -0700

I have no experience with this, but I think the package DBSTATS allows you to export stats to a table and then import those stats back into the data dictionary. I think outline perserves a query plan but ignores the dd stats.

Chaim

Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com> on 05/25/2001 03:32:54 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Chaim Katz/Completions/Bombardier)

On Friday 25 May 2001 01:05, Saurabh Sharma wrote:
> i feel this is at the full database export level.
> once u export ur database, u can import it as it is into another database
> and it'll create allthe required definitions for u.
> the statistics are exported with the tablespace and table definitions.
>
> hope i'm sure. if not pls correct.

OK, not correct. Statistics are not exported, check the manual.

EXP will recalculate statistics, but doesn't export them. At least I can find no indication of it.

You can use Oracle's plan stability feature however via CREATE OUTLINE.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

  INET: Chaim.Katz_at_Completions.Bombardier.com