Re: how to find out internal's password???

From: <Chaim.Katz_at_Completions.Bombardier.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:11:27 -0700

I think you said this was on NT? Use (administrative tools, user manager) and add yourself to the ORA_DBA group. Then you can CONNECT / as SYSDBA without specifying a password. CONNECT INTERNAL. will probably also work without a password, although its syntax is depreciated, I know it works at least to 8.1.6

By adding yourself to the ORA_DBA group you avoid the password file completely. Its only when using a password file that you need to provide a password for INTERNAL or SYS; and the password is not the SYS database password - but the password that was supplied when the ORAPWD utility was used.

Hth a little,
Chaim

anyone who is a member of this group can connect internally without giving a password either

Janet Linsy <janetlinsy_at_yahoo.com> on 05/25/2001 02:06:46 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Chaim Katz/Completions/Bombardier)

This is in additional to my previous question about how to turn off passowrd for internal:

To try to turn off pwd for internal, I commented out remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive in the init file, now I need to shutdown and restart the database.  I tried to login as internal to shutdown the db, when it askes for password, I tried a bunch things including sys, manager, and they all failed. So I used sqlplus system/pwd to login and do shutdown, the database is down, but now I cannot login to svrmgrl to startup the database, since I don't know internal's password. So my question is how to find out internal's password? Thanks a lot.

Janet

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices http://auctions.yahoo.com/
Author: Janet Linsy