Resolved!! Another Downed Database

From: Burton, Laura L. <BurtonL_at_prismplus.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:47:19 -0700

I wanted to let everyone know that my (un)archived, no cold backup database is now up!!  I took Oracle's advice and started with the full physical backup and did not apply the differential backup.  I then entered Recover Database and when the messsage came back 'database recovered' I just stood there and stared at the screen.  When I finally started breathing because I was turning blue, I opened the database, and it opened!  I couldn't believe it after all the things I've read.  Although I did lose one week's worth of data, in this case it is something we can live with.  Needless to say I am going to put it in archivelog mode ASAP.  Oh, and I did curve the urge to let everyone know until I shut the database back down and got a good backup (as one of the respondees had suggested).

Many thanks to all who replied.  Whether the suggestions helped or not it is always nice to know that someone knows what you're going through and are trying to help.

I know you learn more 'by fire', but I think I am going to go home now and sit under the spinkler!!!!

Thanks again,
Laura Received on Fri May 25 2001 - 14:47:19 CDT