RE: Sessions are waiting on buffer busy wait with P3 value 130 in v$s

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:40:19 -0700

Hi Sri,

If you can identify the segments involved from the p1 and p2 parameters and put those segments into a KEEP buffer pool you should be able to get a lot of relief. Failing that, or if they are too big, consider either increasing db_block_buffers if you can or setting _db_percent_hot_default to something like 80. That would allow up to 80% of the DEFAULT buffer pool to be used for hot buffers thereby improving the caching of the buffers that are causing you to wait.

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/
@ http://www.christianity.net.au/