Fire your DBA's you don't need them anymore...

From: Bowes, Chris <Chris.Bowes_at_kosa.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 07:57:03 -0700

My boss just received a cold call from Oracle that he let me listen in on.  They have a new push on for their i-dba support package.  For just a little more money (they did not define little), "we will replace your dba's with our superior support team that will monitor your database 24x7 and proactively eliminate problems.  This will allow you to redesign you office to offload these cumbersome DBA tasks and allow your workers to do other things.  You will never have another database problem."   I felt good when my boss indicated that we had no base problems but based on this, I guess we will have to become sqlserver DBAs or <gasp>  developers...    :)

Ahh, Friday, wonderful Friday,  it seems like you've been away all week...

--Chris
Chris.Bowes_at_Kosa.com Received on Fri May 25 2001 - 09:57:03 CDT