Re: Uwin question ???

From: <Diana_Duncan_at_ttpartners.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:53:01 -0700

You probably don't have "." in your path (which is good security). Preface the call to your script with "./"

./test.sh

On the other hand, you may not have the "magic" comment at the top of the script, like this:

#!/bin/ksh

Diana Duncan
TITAN Technology Partners
One Copley Parkway, Ste 540
Morrisville, NC 27560
VM: 919.466.7337 x 316
F: 919.466.7427
E: Diana_Duncan_at_ttpartners.com

                    Leslie Lu

                    <leslie_y_lu@        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    yahoo.com>           cc:

                    Sent by:             Fax to:

                    root_at_fatcity.        Subject:     Uwin question ???

                    com

                    05/24/2001

                    03:20 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Hi all,

A while ago, I asked about running unix script on NT. I run into a problem in UWin that I got file not found message even if the file is there and is executable. I run a ksh file with and without sh, I kept getting "not found". Then I wrote a test1 script, if run without sh, I still got "not found", but if run with sh like sh test1, it works. All the scripts work find in Unix. Attached is upgrade_wm.ksh I'm trying to run and following shows the details from UWin:

$ ls (ls shows upgrade_wm.ksh is in the current
directory)

upgrade_wfm_RefData.sql
upgrade_wfm_RefData_401.ksh
upgrade_wm.README
upgrade_wm.ksh

$ upgrade_wm.ksh (run it in the same directory, got
not found message)
-ksh: upgrade_wm.ksh: not found [No such file or directory]
$ sh upgrade_wm.ksh (the same as above)

upgrade_wm.ksh[9]: exec: upgrade_wm.ksh: not found

In the same directory, I wrote a tiny script which echos "here". That's all it does. Run it after chomd +x.

$ test1 (still got cannot found message)
-ksh: test1: not found [No such file or directory]
$ sh test1 (Runs! but use sh still doesn't work for
the upgrade_wm.ksh)
here

Thank you for any information!

Leslie