Re: forms 4.5 error against oracle 8i db...

From: Marc Perkowitz <mperkowitz_at_twjconsulting.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 11:18:32 -0700

Yes, this is exactly the error that occurs when you run a version of 4.5 that has not been patched to work with 8i. This is because of the rowid format change in 8i -- the rowid is used for locking in forms.

You need to upgrade your version of 4.5 or convert to 6i. I believe there is also a way to run an 8i database in Oracle 7 compatibility mode where the rowids are formatted the old way, but I'm not familiar with that. Patching 4.5 or upgrading to 6i is the better approach.

Marc Perkowitz
Senior Consultant
TWJ Consulting, LLP

847-256-8866 x15