RE: Maximo

From: James Xing <james.xing_at_merc-tech-grp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:30:18 -0700

Thanks
Chris,
Did
you turn on MTS on your production server? Is that recommended?
In our
environment, the system was fine on dev server which is not using MTS, another DBA who is in charge of production server turned MTS on and found the performance is 4 times slower.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>James

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Bowes, ChrisSent:   Wednesday, May 23, 2001 8:28 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: RE: Maximo
  ON all the maximo installations I have done, the biggest   problems have been with maxencrypt a table that holds the encrypted key that   allows everyone in the base.  There is a script that will reset this if   the users cannot get into the system.   Make sure that the character   set in the client is set to the same as the base.  If users cannot get   into the base due to bad password and you *know* the user/password are   correct, then something happened to the maxencrypt and/or the character sets   are not the same.  I am hoping that 4i eliminates that table, but since I   haven't seen it, I don't know if it does.   I don't know about the current version, but when I worked with   it about a year ago, the indexes were terrible.  We dropped and created a   number of indexes to improve things.  We used cost base optimization   (oracle v7 at the time) and and a job that analyzed every couple weeks on the   big tables and every month on the others.   If you have to do an import of the base, you will need to run   the maxora??.sql script that creates a couple views under sys.  I am   sorry that I cannot remember the script at this moment.   I'll check   with some of my old comrades and see if they can remember it.

  If you're moving to production, you probably have all the   columns defined and sized.  If not, sometimes the column changes do not   get registered in the maxsyscols table and you'll need to update it.
  Otherwise, the system really does quite well once it is   running.  If I can think of anything else I'll re-reply.   --Chris Chris.Bowes_at_Kosa.com

  -----Original Message----- From: James   Xing [<A
  href="mailto:james.xing_at_merc-tech-grp.com">mailto:james.xing_at_merc-tech-grp.com]   Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 6:15 PM <FONT   size=2>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <FONT   size=2>Subject: Maximo
  Hi Group,
  I have a Maximo system moving into production, using Oracle   816/Sun solaris If anyone has experience, from DBA   point of view, what I should be care of? anything to   change/check? any particular table?
  Thanks James