RE: ULIMIT setting: Urgent Please Help

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 07:09:10 -0700

Viraj,
 I do not recall if you need to rebuild the kernel to make the new ulimit setting effective. Probably not, please check the system docs to make sure? Is the ulimit set in any of the profiles for the user id (/etc/profile, or .profile)? Also, have you tried to change it after logging in as oracle8 user (ulimit -f <OS blocks>)? It could that the ULIMIT= in the /etc/default/login is the system wide upper limit for ulimit value and you may still have to use the ulimit -f command to change its value for a user session. Again, you may have to check the man page or docs to figure out the correct procedure to make this work. I used Unixware quite a while ago and unfortunately do not recall the exact steps.

Regards,

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com