Re: SQLLDR Question

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 05:49:06 -0700

    Thank you to everyone who responded to my request. I guess it's just a limitation of sqlldr that it can't handle this without modifying the data. Unfortunately, I can't have the source change their download, so I have to deal with the data as I get it.

    I did come up with a way to get around the problem. I created a text field for the time and created an on-insert trigger that appends the time to the date field and puts it back into the date field. That works at the minimal cost of a few extra bytes per record and a small amount of extra processing time. Here is the trigger that I came up with:

TRIGGER rit_cyber_hist_i
before insert on rit_cyber_hist
for each row
begin

   :new.trans_date := to_date(to_char(:new.trans_date,'mm/dd/yy ') || :new.time_char,'mm/dd/yy hh24:mi');
end;

Author: Scott Canaan
  INET: srcdco_at_ritvax.isc.rit.edu