RE: Sun Solaris 8 - Listener failed to start a dedicated server p

From: Nihar <nihar_at_netmagicsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:34:38 -0700

think you should check large pool size parameter in your init.ora file. You can actullay reduce the size and restart the instance. <SPAN
class=506080220-23052001>
<SPAN
class=506080220-23052001>
<SPAN
class=506080220-23052001>-Nihar

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Jacques KilchoerSent:   Thursday, May 24, 2001 12:51 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: RE: Sun Solaris 8 - Listener failed to start a   dedicated server p
>-----Original Message----- <FONT

  size=2>>From: Jyoti N [<A
  href="mailto:jnair75_at_hotmail.com">mailto:jnair75_at_hotmail.com]
> >Your problem is actually

  highlighted on the error message "Solaris Error: 12: Not enough space"
>It is more of an Operating system resource issue.

  Yes, but which one?! Is it lack of physical memory?

>I gather that you are running about 8 instances on this
  machine ,right?
  After having made a few of the SGAs smaller, I went back to 12   instances. :)
  How can I tell if I am running out of physical memory? Any of   the statistics I looked at seemed to indicate that there was plenty of memory   available.
  P.S. When I try to run sar I get the following message:   $ sar sar: can't open
  /var/adm/sa/sa23 No such file or directory   I do see a /var/adm/sa/sa16 directory. What does this   mean? Received on Wed May 23 2001 - 15:34:38 CDT