Automatic password locking

From: Yttri, Lisa <lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 12:54:40 -0700

Hi everyone -

I am trying to implement a process on our production servers.  If requested for emergencies, an id is automatically unlocked.  This id was previously defined with all access (select, insert, update, delete) to all objects in a schema.   I want this id to be active for only 4 hours, then I would like it to automatically get locked.

Is there any information maintained in oracle as to the length of time a user id has been unlocked (or active)?  I could then query that column and once it was over 4 hours, I could terminate any active sessions using that id and lock it.

If I audit this id, would there be useful information in the audit tables regarding length of use?

Any help - or other ideas to accomplish this - would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -
lisa Received on Wed May 23 2001 - 14:54:40 CDT