RE: Multiple schema's or multiple databases

From: <Diana_Duncan_at_ttpartners.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:14:12 -0700

In 8.1.x, as long as your schemas have their own tablespaces, you could to TSPITR (Tablespace Point in Time Recovery).

Diana Duncan
TITAN Technology Partners
One Copley Parkway, Ste 540
Morrisville, NC 27560
VM: 919.466.7337 x 316
F: 919.466.7427
E: Diana_Duncan_at_ttpartners.com

                    John Lewis

                    <jlewis_at_punchnet        To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    works.com>              cc:

                    Sent by:                Fax to:

                    root_at_fatcity.com        Subject:     RE: Multiple schema's or
multiple databases

                    05/22/2001 07:36

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

Something to ponder. The archive logs are tied to the system. Thus, if you want to recover to a point in time for a multi-schema /one instance system, if one schema gets rolled back - everything gets rolled back.

We had this same issue. Perhaps someone knows a way around this.