Re:catalog.sql catproc.sql

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:54:28 -0700

Ray,

    Oracle Tech Support's recommendation is not to have enyone else, including jobs in there at the same time. Could cause a lot of trouble.

Dick Goulet

Author: Ray Stell <stellr_at_stell.cns.vt.edu>
Date:       5/22/2001 6:22 AM

While it doesn't seem like a real great idea, can I get away with running catalog.sql and catproc.sql while db has users and jobs running? I have a real hard time getting a maintenance window, Some docs I've seen explicitly say to do a startup rather than startup restrict.

Ray Stell stellr_at_vt.edu (540) 231-4109 KE4TJC 28^D

Author: Ray Stell
  INET: stellr_at_stell.cns.vt.edu

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue May 22 2001 - 12:54:28 CDT