Re:C-ISAM

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:53:35 -0700

Annie,

    If I'm wrong I'm sure that someone here will correct me, but as I remember it ISAM files are a way to store data. Although I'm not totally sure anymore, Oracle use to use that method back in version 3 I believe, which made stripping out crashed data a lot more friendly. That was a good 17 years ago that I played around with that, ancient history. Anyway, C-ISAM was a library of ISAM calls that made the data store transparent and easier to work with in C.

    Now for the larger issue, why would you want to work with ISAM files and Oracle at the same time? Seems like a lot of work with little gain. As a matter of fact, with all of the data management solutions running around (Oracle, SQL*Server, MySQL, PostGres, Access, and on and on....) why would anyone want to deal with ISAM/KSAM/BTree etc...?

Dick Goulet

Author: Zhang Yuan Lin <YuanLin.Zhang_at_sema.com.cn>
Date:       5/21/2001 6:55 PM

Hi, listers:

Does anyone know C-ISAM and it can be used in Oracle? or just for the Informix.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Annie

Author: Zhang Yuan Lin
  INET: YuanLin.Zhang_at_sema.com.cn

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue May 22 2001 - 11:53:35 CDT