RE: table or view does not exist

From: Norrell, Brian <BNorrell_at_QuadraMed.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:41:17 -0700

Two ways to handle this in an installer:

  1. Build everything in dependency order. This can be a pain because it tends to change any time the schema is touched.
  2. Create everything (specify "force" on indexes) ignoring the errors. Spool them to a file and turn termout off if you don't want the person running the install to see them. When all the objects are created, use the built in packages to compile any invalid objects (alter schema recompile, or something along those lines, you can RTFM as well as I can.) When that finishes, set termout back on and select whatever from dba_objects where status = 'INVALID' to let everyone know where the "real" errors are.

Brian Norrell
Manager, MPI Development
QuadraMed
511 E John Carpenter Frwy, Su 500
Irving, TX 75062
(972) 831-6600

Author: Leyden, Joseph
  INET: LeydenJ_at_MTA.NET

Author: Norrell, Brian
  INET: BNorrell_at_QuadraMed.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 21 2001 - 10:41:17 CDT