import oddity

From: Dennis Taylor <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:53:49 -0700

I'm trying to do an import into a database. I've done this before, and it's always worked. Now it's failing with an error 1658 on a particular table. Teh error text includes this:

"pctfree 10 pctused 40 initrans 1 maxtrans 255 storage (initial 1274224640 next 637075456 minextents 1 maxextents 121" ... etc..

To my inexperienced eye, it looks like the import is trying to create the table with an initial size of 1.3 GB or so. The table is *not* that big. I think it's around 200MB at most. As my tablespace datafiles are only 1GB each, I can see why the create fails (assuming I'm not misunderstanding everything).

Is there anything I can do to tell the import not to create the table this big? Or to tell the database not to? Or other alternatives?

Dennis Taylor

CRASH:         An audible warning that it's "downtime time" again.

Author: Dennis Taylor
  INET: ismgr_at_pctc.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri May 18 2001 - 17:53:49 CDT