Check for number only

From: Glenn Travis <c-glenn.travis_at_wcom.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:37:15 -0700

I have a table with a column of varchar2(50) datatype. We are building a new table and the values in this column should all be numbers. I need to query the table to find all rows which have a value in this column which is not a valid number.

Table:
circuit (circ_id (primary_key) number, circ_num varchar2(50))

Example: find all values in circ_num which are not numbers. how do I do something like 'select circ_id, circ_num from circuit where circ_num not valid to_number(circ_num)'

Is there a function to check this?

Author: Glenn Travis
  INET: c-glenn.travis_at_wcom.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri May 18 2001 - 11:37:15 CDT