RE: Would you increase the shared pool? --URGENT

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:00:12 -0700

Hi Pablo,

A modest reduction in the shared pool will help because it will reduce some of your latching problems. A severe reduction would of course be harmful as you would age out important SQL. The real solution to this problem is to get rid of your literal SQL. But that can be difficult, so an interim modest reduction in the shared pool size is a good idea.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/