RE: job offer from SAUDI ARABIA

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 16:00:47 -0700

reality check.

Consider the poignant implications of the recent anniversary of the Oklahoma city terrorism.

The simple fact is that a very high percentage of professional women that have jobs like real estate sales requiring isolated contact with strangers *are* armed (as you state, many with "boutique" designer guns). it is because they have been assaulted or threatened, or are close to women that have told vivid stories of such.

Employees at this campus are required to take *mandatory* "campus violence" workshops now. Last year a professor was severly beaten by some petty thieves after leaving a night class about 2 minutes walk from my office. Several years ago, someone held an admission counselor hostage at gun point in the building I work in. The person was upset that they weren't admitted to the university.

regards,
ep
(unarmed, but unrepentantly politically incorrect)

On 17 May 2001, at 13:16, Marianne Brooks wrote:

Date sent:              Thu, 17 May 2001 13:16:06 -0800
To:                     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

Author: Eric D. Pierce
  INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu