Re: What is the cost of replication?

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:50:37 -0700

A.,

Just out of curiosity, is your paper pertinent to NT/Win2K? Is the replication done strictly within Oracle?

what about stuff like this?:
 http://www.nsisw.com/main/pages/products.html

regarding your private question about rifts in space/time continuums, the world is probably safe for the time being since there is a 3,000 mile separation, but here are some ideas that you , Ross and I can work on in case we ever get together w/ the Oracle-L group at a conference or whatever:

 http://wc4.com/fartfart/index.html
-
 http://www.headscape.com/windbreak.htm

And of course lest anyone think that there aren't implications to these issues that threaten the very existence of our species (or more generally the evolutionary process that leads to organisms being capable of excercising powers of higher conciousness), please see below (no pun intended);

  http://www.electricearl.com/fart/fartnews.html

---excerpt---

  "...Now, according to the
   August 2, 2000, edition of the Daily Sport in London,    Great Britain's Agricultural Ministry is spending    267,000 pounds 'to find out what happens when cows fart.'    According to the newspaper, 'Scientists say a massive    25 per cent of all methane gas in the world's    atmosphere is produced by cows.' One Member of    Parliament, Gordon Prentice, said, 'It beggars belief    that cows, with their legendary five stomachs, are    responsible for doing so much damage.' Stay tuned for    more details. ..."

---end---

regards,
ep

Author: Eric D. Pierce