Re: Export Split Script - reply from NT-Land

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 21:11:28 -0700

Rachel Carmichael wrote:

> de nada -- just trying to beat my fan club (thanks Ruth and Bill :) ) to
> the punch.
>
> Now..... in 8i (not sure which flavor) you can have export do the split as
> part of the export. I don't think it compresses it but it will at least
> break the files down

the export parameter "FILESIZE" maximum size of each dump file in bytes in conjunction with a list of files in FILE=(file1,file2,...,filen) works great.

for Compression - for NT/W2K:

PowerArchiver has command-line support for compressing files - provided that they are less than 2 GB.
http://ipsoft.cjb.net/
check out the section on command-line support.

PACOMP.EXE
ARJ is great - but its not free.
Also, if you don't like reading man pages - this one is real short.

Usage:

  PACOMP {-commands -commands ...} {d:}{\path\}filespec.ext {files ...}

Commands:

   a           : add files to archive (default)
   u           : update files to archive
   m           : move files to archive (files only)

   p|P         : store relative Pathnames|store full Pathnames
   c<0..2>     : set compression level (0 - store; 1 - normal ; 2 -
maximal)

   s<password> : scramble with password (must be given)    o : store date using the current system's date

my example:

                destination                     source

pacomp -a -c1 d:\ZipFiles\DEV\EXP\dev_dat.zip D:\Oracle\Admin\DEV\exp\dev_dat.*

yum.

Now you have NO reason for not keeping a backup set on disk.

Paul

Author: Paul Drake
  INET: paled_at_home.com