RE: File open event

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 06:23:31 -0700

Hi Arun,

Did you check whether LGWR and CKPT are the main culprits?

Yes, I have seen lots of 'file open' waits on a Solaris system running Cached Quick I/O, but they had lots of web servers making frequent short connections to the database, so I did not associate it with QIO. Interesting hypothesis however.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/