RE: Tomato Story

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:45:52 -0700

It would bet that the joke was inspired by Somerset Maugham's excellent short story "The Verger", featuring a man who is illiterate.

I found an online version of the Somerset Maugham short story here. In my opinion, it's well worth taking 10 minutes of your time to read.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/7695/VERGER.HTM Received on Mon May 14 2001 - 15:45:52 CDT