RE: Shutdown database abort

From: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC) <clchan_at_nie.edu.sg>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 22:31:15 -0700

Hi Shreepad,

For scheduled batch job, I need to shutdown the database regardless whether there are users connected to the system. Hence I use 1) shutdown abort 2) startup normal 3) shutdown normal.

I know if I were to use shutdown immediate or shutdown normal, the database will not be able to shutdown before the backup.

If someone is connected to the database, could shutdown transactional be able to logout the user before shutting down the database ?

Regds,
New Bee

                Author: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)
                  INET: clchan_at_nie.edu.sg

                Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
                San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
Mailing Lists

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).

Author: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)
  INET: clchan_at_nie.edu.sg