RE: OT RE: comp.oracle.databases.server vs ORACLE-L: deathmatch

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 12:54:01 -0700

LoL! OK, I'm sorry.

I'm debugging a dictionary cache explosion problem, and "support" just informed me that any/all of my questions cannot be answered because they are INTERNAL SECRETS.

Yea right; maybe this year, until a smart guy who cares (like Steve Adams or Jonathan Lewis or.... ) figures them out, or they are published in the next Concepts manual.) So, I am in "send me continuous 1 Gigabyte dumps and just shut up and sit on yer hands" mode.

Up until this, I haven't filed a "TAR" -- a lie, oxymoron, and hint all wrapped in one (the lie is that you'll get any technical information, the oxymoron is that the acronym implies the word "action" and the hint is the word "request") -- in about a year, and now I remember why.

There. I'm better now.

Having problems I can't fix (because they are "self-tuning") and paid "support" that doesn't really tweaks me right out.

p.s. There are, as we know, a handful MAGICALLY WONDERFUL support people at OWS. You and I both know one in common. But they are few and far between, and deucedly hard to find.

|| > ||
|| > ||
|| > ||
|| > time, basically