RE: Data Reporting tools

From: Vadim Gorbounov <vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:52:50 -0700

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>    Dick,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>    I'd support Jacques and vote for BusinessObjects. Release 5i looks really cool. BusinessObjects is less scalable compared to Cognus, but, I believe, less expensive also. I personally used BO 5,  nice and robust product, but, it was not possible to include dynamic graphics (from db, for example). No problem to put a picture.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>Vadim Gorbounov,
    <FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>Oracle DBA
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<SPAN

class=536293718-10052001>-----Original
Message-----From: Jacques Kilchoer
[mailto:Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com]Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 2:51 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: RE: Data Reporting tools

  From: dgoulet_at_vicr.com [<A
  href="mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com">mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com] <FONT   size=2>> >     I've been
  given a project to find a way to make data > easily   available to end > users, preferably via a thin   client (read that as browser > based).  We're   looking > at Discoverer 3000 and 9iAS, but the boss   wants to know what > other options are   > out there.  The general idea would be to have a   client/server > based tool that we <FONT   size=2>> could deploy to the power users (of which we have only a   few).  These > individuals are NOT programmers   nor in the IS group, but they > know the   data.  We > want them to create the
  queries/reports (with graphics > included which   the > Discoverer viewer does not do) and then   publish them via the > database.  This   is > a lot of what Discoverer does, but are there   other tools out > there that do the
  > same?  Any recommendations???
  Would Web Intelligence from Business Objects suit your   needs? <A target=_blank
  href="http://www.businessobjects.com/products/webintelligence.htm">http://www.businessobjects.com/products/webintelligence.htm   I personally haven't used it but I talked to a DBA at a user   group meeting who said it was great. Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 13:52:50 CDT