RE: Silver vs. Gold support

From: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:30:16 -0700

I really don't think that is the issue. I believe my management has more then enough confidence in me. However, they have very little confidence in Oracle support. She was going from past experience. Right now we are having an Oracle issue that Oracle is trying to push off to us. Apparently, with Gold support you get an Oracle consultant who is dedicated to your site and will actually push Oracle to get a resolution. As well, we are supposed to be able to get credits for downtime if its an Oracle issue. For every hour
we are down here its a $1 million loss. Oracle runs pretty much all our critical apps.

Author: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date:       5/10/2001 9:16 AM

My manager is thinking of moving us up to Gold support. Does anyone out there have it and if so could you give me you general impression on having that over Silver. She says that at sites she used to work at it means having a dedicated resource on site. Their phone support for SEV1 calls is basically sucks unless you hit the day shift.

Kimberly Smith
Database Administrator
EDS - Fujitsu/GMD
Phone: (503) 669-6050
Fax : (503) 669-5705
Email : kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 13:30:16 CDT