RE: looking for export with dynamic compress script on VMS

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 14:20:33 -0700

Export to NLA0: would do 100% compression. Nope, I'm afraid that you can not use pipes in VMS. You may be able to create a permanent mailbox and write a program that would compress it and forward it through the network, but it would
be an extremely complicated thing. My advice is to export it to a DLT, and then
import it from the tape. You can do that by specifying RECORDSIZE argument and
specifying MUA0: (or any othe MU device) as an export file. Be sure not to specify
an MT: device, those are not supported for the export.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 16:20:33 CDT