Rollback Segments

From: <Nixon_Villanueva_at_manulife.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 01:25:45 -0700

Hi All,

Here is my environment;

NT v4
Db Oracle Workgroup v8.1.6

Rollback Segments

SEGMENT_NAME                   OWNER  TABLESPACE_NAME
------------------------------     ------ ------------------------------
SYSTEM                         SYS    SYSTEM
RBS0                            PUBLIC RBS
RBS_P1                          SYS    RBS
RBS_P2                          SYS    RBS
RBS_P3                          SYS    RBS
RBS_P4                          SYS    RBS
RBS_P5                          SYS    RBS

Is it possible to assign one public rollback segment explicitly to one particular transaction?
I tried using SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT but other users I found out can still use it. So, I guess
the best alternative is to set that RB segment to OFFLINE after using and set ONLINE before executing the SET TRANSACTION ... Do you know how it can be done inside Forms?

Thanks in advance!

  INET: Nixon_Villanueva_at_manulife.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 03:25:45 CDT