RE: Inserts slowing down on OLTP systems

From: Rajaram <rajaram_k_at_netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 19:42:16 -0700

Hi,
  Can u elaborate? What does the statement "Inserts slow down by 100% from levels 15 days ago?" mean. I did not understand especially the "levels" part of it.
Also, mention as to how you are doing the inserts.   Are the inserts done as select * from another_table?

            or Using SQLLOADER?
           or Pro*C
           or anyother?

I want these details 'Cos - Each method of loading data has its own optimization technique.

Rajaram.

Author: Vikas Kawatra
  INET: VKawatra_at_innoventry.com

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
http://www.netzero.net

Author: Rajaram
  INET: rajaram_k_at_netzero.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 07 2001 - 21:42:16 CDT