XML PLSQL Parser: Installation problems

From: Gaston Jermak <gjermak_at_ta.telecom.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 12:40:04 -0700

Hi list,

I am trying to load the XML Parser for PL/SQL v1.0.2 downloaded from Technet into an Oracle 8.1.5 database (HP-UX 11.0). While loading xmlparserv2.jar as explained in the README file under the lib directory, I receive errors similar to :

resolving: oracle/xml/parser/v2/XMLByteReader Errors in oracle/xml/parser/v2/XMLByteReader: ORA-29534: referenced object SCOTT.oracle/xml/parser/v2/XMLReader could not be resolved
resolving: oracle/xml/parser/v2/PrintDriver Errors in oracle/xml/parser/v2/PrintDriver: ORA-29534: referenced object SCOTT.oracle/xml/parser/v2/XMLNode could not be resolved

The answer to this issue according to Note 103871.1 (in metalink) , is

The XML Parser for PL/SQL 1.0.2 is shipped with the XML Parser for Java 2.0.2.8, which is compiled with JDK 1.2. The 8.1.5 JVM is JDK 1.1.6 compliant, and therefore is unable to resolve classes compiled with the JDK 1.2.
The XML PLSQL Parser 1.0.1 is shipped with the Java Parser 2.0.2.7 which has been compiled with JDK 1.1.X and can be used with 8.1.5.

but we could not find in the otn the XML PLSQL Parser 1.0.1 in order to download it. Where can we find it or How can we fix the problem ?

TIA

Author: Gaston Jermak
  INET: gjermak_at_ta.telecom.com.ar

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 07 2001 - 14:40:04 CDT