RE: Taking your time when a "crisis" occurs

From: Koivu, Lisa <lkoivu_at_qode.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 11:48:04 -0700

The
best one happened over the weekend.  On Friday night I'm heading downtown for a night of carting around my coworkers while they get hammered.  The phone goes off at 9:45pm and it's the boss saying to my coworker (sa) that he thinks there's something wrong with the database and the site, can you check it out? (Why is he calling the sa and not the dba??)  So we rush to the office and voila, everything is FINE.  Turns out he did the same thing to someone else, called for a bogus reason.  He was making up an excuse to call someone to play POKER by pretending there was an emergency here at work.
<SPAN
class=511173718-07052001>
<SPAN
class=511173718-07052001>Sheesh.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Marianne Brooks   [mailto:Marianne.Brooks_at_dpapplications.com]Sent: Monday, May 07,   2001 3:07 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: RE: Taking your time when a crisis   occurs
  My personal fave is 'Do more with less.'  So I went to   Les and said, Hey, I'm supposed to do more with you.....He was not   amused...
  -----Original Message----- From: Tim
  Sawmiller [<A
  href="mailto:sawmillert_at_state.mi.us">mailto:sawmillert_at_state.mi.us]   Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 11:28 AM <FONT   size=2>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <FONT   size=2>Subject: RE: Taking your time when a crisis occurs   "Work smarter not harder"....is that anything like, "Know the   difference between doing things right and doing the right thing"?
>>> rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com 05/07/01 01:51PM
>>> PHB comes from Dilbert: Pointy Haired
  Boss.  Those managers who wander around in a   clueless state of perceived self-importance offering <FONT   size=2>wonderful platitudes like "Work smarter not harder" and such.    Generally they wind up being the chickens discussed in   a related response. Rodd <FONT

  size=2>Original Message dated 5/7/01, 11:50:27 AM <FONT
  size=2>Author: "Koivu," Lisa <lkoivu_at_qode.com> <FONT
  size=2>Re: RE: Taking your time when a crisis occurs: <FONT
  size=2>Yes, Rodd, you are right.  There are times when being blunt is
  warranted.  I do it now - I couldn't a few months   ago.  At my last employer I was very very good at   it and my boss let us do our jobs without interference. <FONT   size=2>However, the real question is, what's PHB? :P    Received on Mon May 07 2001 - 13:48:04 CDT