Re:Fwd: files needed

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 10:27:19 -0700

Jared,

    I assume from this message that your trying to help another. Therefore I'll try to stay simple. The pcscfg.cfg file is in the $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/admin directory and it's being 0 bytes is not a bad thing. It's purpose is to set pramaters used by PRO*C on each precompilation. If you specify a value for something like 'sqlcheck' on the command line that would override what was in pcscfg.cfg which in turn would override the proc default. The sample make file that Oracle provedes & works very well in $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/proc/demo_proc.mk. I use it with anything I'm compiling. Assume the program name is 'sample' then the steps to use are:

proc inbame=sample.pc oname=sample.c
make -f demo_proc.mk build EXE=sample OBJS=sample.o

As a general rule of thumb I establish a soft link between demo_proc.mk and my current directory so as not to duplicate stuff.

Dick Goulet

Author: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date:       5/3/2001 11:35 PM

Hi,
We are in the process of migrating our NT based Oracle applications to Unix.  Sun Solaris was the choice. We have also many applications written in Pro*C  in NT. We want to migrate those also to Unix. Acc to Oracle Docs, pcscfg.cfg  file is needed to compile the pro*c progs to C and then compile them. but in  $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/admin dir pcscfg.cfg is a 0 byte file .

Can u pl send me copy of pcscfg.cfg file and also sample make file.

TIA

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 07 2001 - 12:27:19 CDT