RE: Rename Datafile

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 10:21:58 -0700

I have taken the tablespace offline, renamed the datafile in the OS, after the OS rename used 'alter database rename file' in SQL*Plus, then successfully brought the tablespace back online. This was in Oracle 8.0, 8.1 on SunOS and Windows NT/2000.

Jacques R. Kilchoer
(949) 754-8816
Quest Software, Inc.
8001 Irvine Center Drive