RE: Removing Oracle products from NT

From: Kevin Kostyszyn <kevin_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 13:47:34 -0700

No not
really, but you forgot several steps, the instructions below don't create a completely clean machine.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Jyoti RandiveSent:   Friday, May 04, 2001 12:35 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: Re: Removing Oracle products from   NT

  You can try the Oracle universal Installer to unistall.   More rough way is to shutdown oracle db,listener, etc. , shutdown the   services, remove/disbale  the services.   ..and then go to registry and remove everything under
(local_machine->software ->oracle)

  Then you can delete the whole Oracle home tree. The reinstall or whatever   you want to do!
  Believe me , sometimes windows Oracle is a pain,specially cleaing up for a   reinstall. But after all we are Unix guys! Just the beat the .. out  of   windows!
  Hope I do not trigger another long discussion here! :-)   HTH.
  Jyoti