RESOLVED: Removing Oracle products from NT

From: <Diana_Duncan_at_ttpartners.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 13:18:57 -0700

Thanks so much to everyone who replied! It seems to be working now. And, I agree completely with the RedHat idea, but this is my consulting laptop, and Windoze is very much the name of the game.

Actually, at home I have RedHat, but I don't have Oracle -- it's running Postgres, which I must say I am LOVING!!! I'm working on a cool little site using Postgres and PHP on Apache and Linux. Open Source Rules!

Back to expensive Oracle-land...

Diana Duncan
TITAN Technology Partners
One Copley Parkway, Ste 540
Morrisville, NC 27560
VM: 919.466.7337 x 316
F: 919.466.7427
E: Diana_Duncan_at_ttpartners.com

                    Rodd Holman

                    <rodney.holman_at_lod        To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    genet.com>                cc:

                    Sent by:                  Fax to:

                    root_at_fatcity.com          Subject:     Re: Removing Oracle
products from NT

                    05/03/2001 04:18

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Diana,
<SMILE ON>

Get RedHat 7 CD-ROM
Insert into CD-ROM drive
Reboot and answer promts
<SMILE OFF>

In reality. To gut the machine of all Oracle stuff.

1. Delete all the stuff in the Oracle directories.
2. Remove all the Oracle stuff from the start menu.
3. BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY!!
4. If you skipped step 3 go back and do step 3.
5. In regedit, remove the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/ORACLE key.  Then
start at the top of the registry and search for oracle, oradac, and orant (if that was the tree your Oracle was installed in). Delete the keys you come to that are associated with these things. 6. Reboot your machine.
Oracle is gone now.
  INET: Diana_Duncan_at_ttpartners.com