Re: Cursor statistics request

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:56:44 -0700

Under Oracle Financials:

NAME                                 min    avg    var      max
----------------------------------- ---- ------ ------ --------
opened cursors cumulative              0    201     32    22968
opened cursors current                 0     31      6      335

Order entry system:NAME                                 min    avg    var

   max

----------------------------------- ---- ------ ------ --------
opened cursors cumulative              0    302     48    36013
opened cursors current                 0     20      4       65

Datawarehouse:NAME                                 min    avg    var
max
----------------------------------- ---- ------ ------ --------
opened cursors cumulative              0     27      7      597
opened cursors current                 0      7      2       22

Info:

Database up time 20 Hours(database bounced everyday for snapshot)

Load : user sessions between 300 to 500

HTH,
Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:05:35 -0800

Hey DBAs for "big" databases,

Would you mind running this simple query? I am building a case that we have an extremely unheathly application, and would like to (a) do a reality check, and (b) anonymously cite evidence from other sites.

col name format a35
col min format 999
col max format 9999999
col avg format 99999
col var format 99999
select
name, min(value) "min", avg(value) "avg", sqrt(stddev(value)) "var", max(value) "max"
from
v$sesstat ss, v$statname sn
where
sn.statistic#=ss.statistic# and
sn.statistic# in (2,3)
group by name
/

When I run this on my troubled system, I get:

NAME                                 min    avg    var       max
opened cursors cumulative              0  46325    561   3748748
opened cursors current                 0     54      9       345

And this for a instance only up for about a week.

Oh, speaking of which, please tell me how long your instance has been up, and a rough idea of average user load, during the core processing hours. Thanks!

Author: Mohan, Ross
   INET: MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com

Author: Mohammad Rafiq
  INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com