Re: Metalink Praise

From: Bill Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:49:59 -0700

Well that's fine but did the support person give you the correct information? I have an open TAR re ORA-3113 when starting an 8.1.7 database on Solaris via sqlplus. I was told I should use svrmgrl as I might not have proper privileges when connected internal using sqlplus. SInce 8.1.6 hasn't oracle been telling us svrmgrl will be desupported? Perhaps they just forgot to tell the support people <g>.

At 08:51 AM 5/3/01 -0800, Mohan, Ross wrote:
>something amazing just happened.
>
>I logged an iTar without delay. It was easy.
>
>An analyst picked it up within 15 minutes and
>sent me a "i've got it" mail.
>
>If this keeps up on a consistent basis, I am
>in grave danger of developing a positive opinion
>of OWS.
>
>figured i'd share the good news, as I often share
>the bad....
>
>- Ross
>
>p.s. boy, I'd really like some good fresh steak
>for lunch without any additives, corn-fed, etc.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
Information Resources
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208

I like to pick up hitchhikers. When they get in the car I say, 'Put on your seat belt. I want to try something. I saw it once in a cartoon, but I think I can do it.'
- Steven Wright
Author: Bill Wagman
  INET: wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu