RE: data encryption

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 04:46:40 -0700

I was wondering if Oracle ever considered incorporating PGP into their databases.

I don't know much about the different types of security (e.g. Kerberos etc.), though, so maybe that idea doesn't make any sense.

: )

Is it not possible for people to write password encryption procedures in 8.1? You can write your own procedure to verify the complexity of passwords, I am surprised they wouldn't let a site develop their own password encryption scheme.

Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca