9iAS Forms Server Stability

From: <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 16:37:24 -0700

Listers,

6i Forms Server in a test environment is crashing quite frequently, 3 to 4 times a day.

I'm relaying this question, and I'm not real familiar with the back end configuration details, so I might be off on some things. They have an 8.1.7 test environment with 9iAS 1.0.2. Platform is HP-UX 11. 9iAS 1.0.2, I believe that would be using Forms 6i patch 2. They are using JInitiator. Access is via NT (sp4) clients using IE 5.5. The servlet, not CGI, approach is being used. They are specifying connectmode as HTTP. In the test environment, DB and 9iAS are on the same box. In production, they will be using 4 dedicated HP "D" class boxes for the forms servers just as they currently do.

Anyway, the Forms Server is going down quite a bit in the test environment, 3 or 4 times a day. They currently use Forms 5.0 in a production web deployed environment. While there are some things that are a bit of a pain when web deploying forms, the 5.0 Forms Server has been very stable for them. So, there is some concern about the stability when using 9iAS with the included Apache server along with the Forms Server for 6i.

Anyone have success or horror stories they would like to relay? Their current thinking is to wipe everything clean, do a clean re-install (they ran into a few road bumps during the install and wonder if a clean install would help), and see what happens from there.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net

  INET: elkinsl_at_flash.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 02 2001 - 18:37:24 CDT