standby database in managed recovery mode

From: Richard Huntley <rhuntley_at_mindleaders.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 14:04:28 -0700

Suggestions anyone?? I'm attempting to get a standby database to run in managed recovery mode, so that the archived logs are automatically applied, however, when running the command 'recover managed standby database' I receive the following error message: SVRMGR> recover managed standby database; ORA-00308: cannot open archived log
'/u03/apps/oracle/admin/db/arch/1_194.arc' ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory Additional information: 3

This is after I've brought the primary and standby up to the same max recid number in the v$log_history. I have attempted to rebuild the standby database and also to execute the command 'recover standby database until cancel' after confirming that all archived log files were in the proper location, however I'm always prompted for the next archive log which doesn't exist yet and I can't get into "managed" recovery mode. I've also went to the primary database, forced a log switch and then applied the newest archived log file, but that hasn't worked either.

Richard Huntley
Software Developer
Phone: (800) 223-3732 (614) 880-1817
E-mail: rhuntley_at_mindleaders.com
MindLeaders (www.mindleaders.com)

Author: Richard Huntley
  INET: rhuntley_at_mindleaders.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 02 2001 - 16:04:28 CDT