Re: Fwd: please help

From: David A. Barbour <dbarbour_at_nucentrix.net>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 09:33:47 -0700

Bill,

Did you force a log switch before and after the hot backup? Did you backup your archive logs (or alternatively, are they available)? Sounds to me like you need to run

    ALTER DATABASE <SID> RECOVER UNTIL (CANCEL, TIME, CHANGE, USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE); If you didn't force the log switch, be mindful that you may have to specify one or more of the redo logs to get the requested SCN. Did you backup the controlfile? redo logs? init<SID>.ora? orapasswd?

These are some generalities, which may or may not apply to your specific situation. However, given the information at hand, it's probably where I'd start looking.

Regards.

David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA, OCP

Author: David A. Barbour