RE: Suggestions on SCSI

From: C.S.Venkata Subramanian <csvenkata_at_lycos.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:22:41 -0700

Hi, The suggestion given to go for 18Gigs HDD(SCSI) is a good one. I have seen in H/W that what u get today u will not get tomorrow. I mean they become obselete. H/W vendor will say that they nolonger manufacture the same.

Ultra fibre scsi is a technology HDD maufactures use for I/o transfer. You can go Seagate,Compaq etc for getting new hdd's. If the Server is from a H/W vendor, they will themselves upgrade the HDD from their own inventory on cost basis.

HTH

--

Get 250 color business cards for FREE! http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/ -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: C.S.Venkata Subramanian INET: csvenkata_at_lycos.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).