OT -- marketing (was Windows vs. UNIX)

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 07:08:32 -0700

Another example, to illustrate. Those of you who have kids may identify with this one.

Twenty or thirty years ago you could have asked a 5 year old to play the word-association game too:

"McDonald's" - "Ronald McDonald", "Hamburgler", whatever.

Now it's more likely to be:

"McDonald's" - "toy"

They draw many more children that way than when children thought of them of just as a fun place to go.

Hey, if they had toys for database administrators, I would want to go to McDonald's too!

: )

P.S. Did you notice they have introduced the McRib, and other "non-beef" burgers since the beef crises in the UK? They are now playing ads about this here in Canada, now.

Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca