RE: Pinning Packages Question

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:56:22 -0700

Thanks for your reply. It is a continous learning process. I am pinning objects in Oracle Financial as well as Dataware House database. For Oracle Fiancials pinned objects stays but in Dataware House because of application , objects are dropped and recreated, hence pinned objects are reloaded time and again.....It is also my first time experience of this sort with my present assignment... It applies from 7.3.4 to.8.1.6.

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 17:50:21 -0800

Rafiq,

Thanks for taking the time to address this aspect. Those are the type of details that help me in some of the areas I am trying to get my arms around and better understand. I was aware of how the objects could become invalidated, but, I didn't know it would be "re-pinned". It's something I had wondered about but hadn't had the chance to look into yet.

Once again, thanks for your comments, as well as thanks to everyone else who took the time to respond.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net

   INET: elkinsl_at_flash.net