Re: monitoring listener.log

From: Danisment Gazi Unal (Unal Bilisim) <danisment.unal_at_unal-bilisim.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 11:24:31 -0700

Hi again,
Note that listener is only used while creating shadow processes on server side. Once shadow processes are created by listener, listener is never used. in other words, listener process is not a bridge between user process and server process during data transmissions. So, scanning listener.log only is not a good way to catch sql*net errors. to catch sql*net errors after connections are established, set sql*net server trace. then scan them. But, it's not be efficient. there will be a lot of trace files. rgrds...
"Danisment Gazi Unal (Unal Bilisim)" wrote: Hi,
Typical errors in sql*net traces are like this: nserror: nsres: id=0, op=67, ns=12571, ns2=12560; nt[0]=533, nt[1]=57, nt[2]=0
Means:
You get protocol error 57. If you are using TCP/IP, check winsock errors, if I'm not wrong it should be 20057 or 10057. This error causes sql*net 533 error. 533,12560 and 12571 are result. Saurabh Sharma wrote:

hey
can u elaborate how do u scan each log file, and convert it in email msg.how do u do this.. saurabh
sharmadba

style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"> ----- Original Message -----

  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From:NGUYEN Philippe (Cetelem)