Re: PLEASE HELP !

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 08:48:50 -0700

 Andrea,

    Where do we start here? OK, First off I'm not a SYBASE fan. Third party's are dropping support rather quickly (PeopleSoft does not support it any longer) and it's market share is dropping. Sooner of later I think it will belong to one of the three giants to remain , IBM, Oracle, or MicroSoft. SO I don't think that's such a great idea. Now if your going to do it in Oracle, where is the bulk of your DB's right now. If their on NT then go there. If their on Unix then go there. Lastly I would NOT build a seperate instance for every trainee. That is ludecrious. Now a seperate schema for each would be more reasonable, but enev then the kernel load to merge all of that data back toghether for her perusal is WAY TOO much. In this case your Trainer is the customer. She should be laying out what her requirements are. Sha has done that by saying she needs a training database and that she wants each trainee to see only their records. OK, now it's up to her to leave the rest to you. If she can't do that, if she MUST DICTATE the solution, then my answer is "Your on your own, go away and don't bother me."

Dick Goulet

Author: Andrea Oracle
  INET: andreaoracle_at_yahoo.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Apr 28 2001 - 10:48:50 CDT