Re: OT: Reading the Oracle Tea Leaves

From: Tim Sawmiller <sawmillert_at_state.mi.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:41:17 -0700

Nope, still in demand. It seems the more init.ora parameters and other stuff becomes self tuning, the more our knowledge and skill set is required at "higher" levels. As a for instance, it seems like CBO is finally working pretty well, but, there are more init.ora parameter settings that can influence CBO's logic, so they will still need us for awhile yet (hopefully).

>>> carmichr_at_hotmail.com 04/26/01 09:10AM >>>
lol -- me too! This is something Larry has been predicting for a long time (quote "you will not need DBAs with release ....<fill in the blank>")

I haven't noticed any dearth of work available, have you?

Rachel

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

Author: Tim Sawmiller