RE: Oracle's pricing

From: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:35:24 -0700

Problem is, if you use cost as your deciding factor and not can it support what you want to do then you are going to end up paying a lot more in the end. We have Oracle here licensed on 3 different platforms, all of them the Enterprise version plus unlimited clients blah blah blah and its still a small chunk of what we pay in. Promis is over 1 million. I am not saying buy Oracle regardless of the price. I am saying don't not buy Oracle because
of the price. Buy what does the job for you. If you can't afford to buy what you need to do the job right then you can't do what you want to do. I spend to much of my day trying to work around space limitations because they decided that buying hard drives for our HP boxes was not a priority. Now they expect miracles. There are times when you just can't let price be the deciding factor. It will always cost more in the end.

Author: Dennis Taylor
  INET: ismgr_at_pctc.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com